Saturday, December 8, 2012

Birthday Boy


December 8, 2012

Dear Logan,
     I cannot believe that I’m already writing this letter to you. I honestly don’t know where to begin. You have brought your Dad and me SO much joy this year! I remember when you were born that I couldn’t believe that we were blessed with this perfect gift. You will never truly understand the amount of unconditional love that we have for you. It’s really all encompassing. You stole both your Daddy and my hearts instantly. It’s been so much fun watching you grow and learn this year. SO much has happened to you! You started out as this little, tiny baby boy who depended on us for everything. Then, you began to smile, make noises, laugh, roll over, sit up on your own, eat baby food, push up on all fours, crawl, pull up, walk, eat “big people food”, talk, talk, talk, and get into anything and EVERYTHING. J You have learned so much & you’re so curious about things…which is something I love about you. You have an amazing attention span for your age. Nana thinks you’re a genius! J You’ll sit and listen during the children’s message at church, and you really like to watch Sesame Street (particularly Elmo) and Sid the Science Kid, and Charlie Brown. You LOVE books! At first your favorite books were Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? , Maddy, the Alaskan Moose  (a gift from Grandma & Grandpa McReynolds from their trip to Alaska), and your Sesame Street books, but honestly at this point the list of books that you love is endless. What a wonderful thing for this Mommy!! I LOVE reading to you (and so does Daddy)! You love Nuzzlebuttons, & will give him kisses. You also like your baseball bat, baseball, stacking cups, and everything you’re NOT supposed to play with (remote control, dvds, stereo system, pots and pans, etc., etc). J I love to watch you say “doh” for dog whenever you see or hear a dog, know who Nuzzlebuttons (your white polar bear…Daddy named him) is, and comprehend what we’re saying to you. I also love to watch you “dance”, make your excited face, and get kisses and squeeze hugs from you. I hope that you grow up to fall more and more in love with God and Jesus and want to help others along the way. Your Daddy is a good example for you to look up to (I hope you realize how fortunate you are to have him as your Dad). You really are the perfect gift to our family. Everyone loves you… and I mean EVERYONE! J Happy 1st Birthday, sweet boy! Remember that you’ll always be my baby, no matter how old you are. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for you and us this next year. J


                                                  Love,
Mommy/Mama/Mom
(whatever you choose to call me) J

No comments: