I've thought about putting this together a couple of different times, but have just now got around to it. Music is such an important aspect of many people's lives and I often find myself looking back at my musical past. This is in no way a complete compilation, but is pretty accurate. Sit back and enjoy as I take you on a journey through time.
1. The Basics of Life - 4 Him
2. Yakety Yak - The Coasters
Growing up we basically had two options. Contemporary Christian or Oldies. I now realize why this is. There is a lot of inappropriate material on the radio, and it makes quite a bit of sense for a parent to limit their children to one of these genres.
3. Jesus Freak - DC Talk
"Cool" Christian music, especially for youth group trips.
4. I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Main track from the movie Armageddon I went to a lot of movies in early high school. I'm pretty sure everyone saw this one. I think the soundtrack was the first CD I ever purchased.
5. Higher - Creed
The 90s rock phase
6. Tonight, Tonight - The Smashing Pumpkins
7. My Name is Jonas - Weezer
8. Lucky Denver Mint - Jimmy Eat World
I have Nathan to thank for introducing me to the foundations of my current music collection.
9. This Bitter Pill - Dashboard Confessional
Every single guy needs to sing along with Chris Carabba at least once.
10. Walls - Emery
11. Reinventing Your Exit - Underoath
In case you're curious, this is classified as screamo. It actually will grow on you, some of you.
12. Giving it Away - Mae
13. Bixby Canyon Bridge - Death Cab for Cutie
The calmer side of my college music collection.
14. The Crane Wife 3 - The Decemberists
Trying to find my corner of the indie music scene
15. Jesus Messiah - Chris Tomlin
I still appreciate a well written worship song.
I hope you enjoyed your quick glance through my musical history.