Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Hobby

I have picked up the new hobby of geocaching. I think I might have Stef hooked, as well. What is geocaching you might ask. Here's what the website has to say:
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.
Stef went with me today and helped me find my 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th caches and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it. Check it out, you might just enjoy it.

Here's our first find of the day. (it's the little green thing next to my gps. it has a small log book inside to sign)
I've also been keeping up with my finds with a google map.

View Larger Map

2 comments:

jason.moseley said...

Lisa and I started Geocaching last year and got hooked. It's been a long time since we've gone out, but (weather permitting) we'll do it soon.

I made the mistake of making my first geocache search for a micro cache. Took me 3 trips, and I was walking circles around it the whole time! It's fun though!

Anonymous said...

That's actually a pretty cool geocache and one that would be easy to miss. Welcome to geocaching!